Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Sunday, March 20, 2005

 

Sometimes

Sometimes being out on the streets being abused and insulted is preferable to home life. Especially today. Mrs Sticker is going through an ‘emotional patch’ and getting all tearful because she can’t get what she wants right now. The dog has slunk under the living room table (Always a bad sign.), the kids have gone deathly quiet (Even worse.) and I’m left wondering if there’s enough money in the housekeeping kitty for a jumbo box of tissues and earplugs.

This puts me in a bit of a quandary. Do I try and talk her down and get my fool head bit off? Or do I make myself scarce until she’s got over her upset? The calendar gave me no warning of this.

Think I’ll look on the bright side. At least it isn’t raining and I’m not on late shift. Could be worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]