Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Saturday, January 28, 2006

 

Anthropomorphism, Tom & Jerry.

While my mate Staghounds was visiting, we fell to talking about various aspects of modern culture over a beer. If I remember rightly, as this was in early December; he said. “I think Walt Disney should have been shot for crimes against humanity.”

He’s right of course; you see it every day on TV and in the shops. Talking animals displaying human emotions and reactions? What arrant nonsense - it doesn’t happen. Well this is what my dog tells me, and he should know.

No, but seriously; there are a lot of people that actually believe animals think and feel like humans. Complete bollocks of course, but openly contradicting their firmly held views can bring on a full blown psychotic fit of anger; which shows how loose a grip they often have on reality.

Anthropomorphism, I suspect, is indicative of immaturity, or worse still, complete insanity. My one exception to this rule are the 1940's & 50's ‘Tom & Jerry’ cartoons, which were always at their best when the Cat and the Mouse did not talk. Went right down the tubes when they gave the cat and the mouse voices and dialogue.

What the hell, I’m bored and pissed off. To be honest I’ve been called a twat by stupid people who can’t be bothered to use their legs one too many times today and I just can’t be arsed to post or even think about bloody parking restrictions.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, amen to that. Warping reality for the sake of warpage..., one day this realisation just struck me.
The realisation that Disney was simply totally out of whack. Like, why have all the police officers in the Donald Duck comics a dog's nose? And could Donald and Minnie have offspring if they had sex? Those subliminal questions might have caused damage to my innermost being when i was a child. ;-)

Sunday, April 13, 2008 11:33:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]