Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

 

More Bullshit.

Bit of a quiet day today. There was some talk around the rest room about some of the guys getting threatened while on patrol. Personally the only threat I ever got was from a woman who seemed to think it was her god given right to park on a bus stop. I issued the ticket and then had to put up with over ten minutes of outraged female in full rant mode. Rattled me a bit at the time but my teenagers in full hormone rage have tried to give me far worse. Without much success I might add. When the shouting begins I just clam up and switch off.

In light of yesterdays blog entry, I've not bothered with the TV and sourced my information off the Net. Take for example 'Global Warming'. It seems to get blamed for everything. There's a storm - It's Global Warming. It's cold this week (For crying out loud it's January!) - It's Global Warming. We (Europe) had a hotter than usual Summer in 2003 and a wet(ish) Summer 2004 - It's Global Warming. My dog is shedding more hair than usual - It's Global Warming. My piles are acting up - It's Global Warming. Forgive me if I'm starting to sound a little sceptical here.

I'm no climatologist. Weather is just something I work in. Rain, shine, wind, snow. So long as it doesn't blot out the road markings or flood the road I'm out there in it. So I had a look at what the real Climatologists say. Turns out that the case for global warming isn't cut and dried by any means. It's like my Dad always taught me. "There are lies, damn lies and statistics." and "Don't believe what you read in the papers." According to some studies by some extremely clever people, conditions at the moment mirror climatic variations in the 1930's which flipped into a series of really cold snowy winters in the 1940's. Click here or here to see alternative views which challenge some of the current media hype.

I remember a quote from a Physicist once who was of the opinion that another Ice age is overdue and it may only be Co2 emissions that are keeping it at bay. On the other hand, if what the alternate view says is right, we won't be needing extra sun tan lotion, we'll need skiing lessons. See you on the piste!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Global Warming - scientific discovery or scientific industry? IMHO the biggest problem with getting to the truth about GW is that an awful lot of research jobs headed up by an awful lot of people who have impressive job titles & who have the ears of the politicians depend on the threat continuing. Any evidence to the contrary is shouted down. Like that fact there are insects that can only live on grape vines in Mediterranean climates. If it gets even a bit colder than that, they can't survive. Remains of these insects have been found in Roman vineyards excavated as high as the Midlands. So in Roman times, a fair-sized chunk of Britain had a Mediterranean climate. Just a shame that we can't discover the technology the Romans must have used to remove massive amounts of CO2 & methane from the atmosphere to make it so cold after they left. Shame or sham?

Thursday, January 27, 2005 9:18:00 am  
Blogger Tim Worstall said...

Just a quick note to say I like your blog.....the phrase the general dyslexic is marvellous. Will have to steal it.

Saturday, January 29, 2005 2:34:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]