Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Saturday, January 27, 2007

 

Another day

I’ve just had one; a day that is. From an ‘all quiet on the western front’ to ‘shit incoming’ situation. Basically it began as a day when I booked a car for being slewed across two parking bays (Code 86, not parked within bay markings). The young mother driver (Should be banned by international treaty) returning just as I had slapped one on the windscreen; then she gave me five minutes grief over the lack of ‘Mother and child’ spaces in our car parks (Which cannot be enforced under the 1991 Road Traffic act). Next was a guy who swore (On a stack of holy books and then at me) that he had been loading in a ‘no loading’ zone. Next was a man who claimed to be disabled on the same ‘no loading’ area then refused to let me check his blue disabled badge. I think he was a fake, so I’ve reported his disabled badge number in, and if his address on the badge doesn’t match his cars registration - the badge gets cancelled with a £1000 fine for ‘misuse’. So calling me an ‘unfeeling cunt’ at least twice is not going to win him any friends. This is not to mention the two times I got threatened with being thumped; I ostentatiously called up CCTV and watched with schadenfreude as their faces went pale when they saw the cameras swing and ‘lock’ onto them.

After days without a cross word in my direction, I more than made up for that respite before lunch. Those New Year resolutions must have worn out then. Rather like those to visit the gym more regularly. Mine to visit the sauna once a week have been stymied by the fact that the local leisure centres ‘Steam ‘n Sauna’ facility is shut because it’s broken with no date on it’s reopening. Bugger.

On my way back to end of shift I took one of my regular short cuts through the municipal park, and in the burgeoning dark and cold was reminded of the final stanza of “Stopping by woods on a snowy evening” by Robert Frost.

The woods are lovely dark and deep
But I have promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep
And miles to go before I sleep


I have things I must do. TTFN.

1 Comments:

Blogger Quartz said...

> I ostentatiously called up CCTV

I appreciate the situation, but colour me thoroughly skeeved by the omnipresence of surveilance equipment.

Sunday, January 28, 2007 11:03:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]