Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Saturday, December 30, 2006

 

Fug

In the time I’ve had off duty recently my thoughts have been pushed in the following direction; during my time off I’ve been the cook, chauffeur, carer, body servant and everything else to everybody else. I’m also a bit down, swamped by the pointlessness of everything. Everything has been boiling down to one question; what about me?

Let me enlarge upon the question; I’ve got to one of those ‘glitch’ points where the daily round holds little or no satisfaction and all I’m doing is spinning my wheels, yet work on my major project has dried up. I’ve lost track of the narratives. Everything is too fragmented. Even turgid. I'm in a rut.

My head is as full of a fog as we had in the run up to Christmas and proper joined up thinking is hard work at present. It’s not the booze, or the food (I’ve been pretty frugal this year and haven’t over indulged) Time for a new years resolution I think. The resolution is simple; Detox.

Now I’m talking about more than the Carol Voordeman whatever based diet, I’m talking about a major mental and physical house clearance programme. To enlarge further; One of the presents I got this year was a two disc set of the excellent Pixar movie ‘The Incredibles’ which made me take a look in the mirror and go Ugh.

One of my favourite clips is the trailer when Bob realises how fit he was and how unfit he has become, struggling to do up the belt of his old Superhero costume. That’s how I feel at present. Weight loss is required, and a thorough desludging of the mental and physical processes is essential.

To begin; I’m going to kick off with a Sauna and swim twice a week to gradually flush out the accumulated toxins. Less refined starch in my diet (More protein and fresh veg – less bread and ‘convenience’ foods). No major exercise regime until I’m sure I can cope with it without doing myself a mischief. The theory being that as my circulation improves I’ll become more alert, focussed, and more able to concentrate. Well that’s the theory.

Well who knows, maybe one day the Spandex hero costume will fit again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happens to us all: it is the weather!

Happy, healthy, peaceful and prosperous New Year (all of it).

Best wishes,

Old Man

Sunday, December 31, 2006 2:53:00 pm  
Blogger Plymothian said...

Can we take bets on how long it'll be before you decide not to bother?

Happy New Year

Sunday, December 31, 2006 5:32:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swim 3 times a week. 50 lengths each time. In fact I once did a mile.

It does not fecking make a blind bit of difference. I am still a fat bastard.

Sunday, December 31, 2006 9:11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]