Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Friday, January 05, 2007

 

Weirdness personified

I’m out on patrol, trying to use a bit of bullshit to clear an unregulated bus stop which some inconsiderate people have parked in, meaning that the bus has to stop in the middle of the road and block the traffic. Because the bus stop is unregulated i.e. not covered by a Traffic Regulation Order I cannot issue a ticket, but can only rely on my own natural powers of persuasion. Inconsiderate driver begins to move, but this is too late as the bus has blocked a good tranche of traffic, leading to much elevated blood pressure on the queue of drivers behind the bus.

One driver makes a rude gesture at me and sounds his horn as he finally gets past the blockage. I think nothing of this as I am quite used to gratuitous abuse coming from all points of the compass. The bus stop gets cleared for the next bus and I move off, job done.

Five minutes later as I’m heading round a corner the self same driver who made the insulting gesture and sounded his horn collars me on foot. I explain about the restriction not being enforceable and how I’m stuck using my wits to clear the congestion. Following my (Patient and detailed) explanation self same driver spends the next ten minutes apologising to me for his ‘rudeness’.

Today has been like this all over. I think someone’s trying to confuse me to death.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Saturday, January 06, 2007 6:06:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill...as a bus company employee, thanks indeed for trying to keep our stops clear...I'm sure a lot of people would join me in that...

Monday, January 08, 2007 12:45:00 am  
Blogger Jimmy said...

I second that vote of thanks, us bus drivers get plenty of stick and there's usualy a car cause somewhere along the line.

Jimmy - avid reader.

Monday, January 08, 2007 7:07:00 pm  
Blogger ReallyEvilCanine said...

What the hell's an unregulated bus stop? I thought that any bus stop was, by definition, a space in which parking (and even stopping if a bus was within range) was not allowed.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 10:22:00 pm  
Blogger Bill Sticker said...

An unregulated stop has courtesy markings in white and in our neck of the woods at least is not enforceable. The white marked bus stops don't usually have a TRO to govern them. However, stop on the yellow marked ones and, as we say in our line of work, 'You're in play'.

Regards

Bill

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 10:46:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]