Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

 

Buy this book – Now!

Tonight I wish to post on the subject of one of my blogging heroes. Cass Brown, the author of ‘Cancergiggles’ who finally succumbed to his illness today. Those of us who regularly lurked around his blog and occasionally posted mildly ironic comments will miss him. God rest him. There are far too few men of his mettle. The world needs more people with his type of wry bravery.

Cass was one of the guys who inspired me to blog. Although I cannot claim to have known him personally, I started reading ‘Cancergiggles’ long before beginning my own. One could quite justifiably claim that he provided the inspiration for my own brand of raving lunacy. Yes, ‘Walking the Streets’ is all his fault. Sorry mate.

Now to the purpose of this post. Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your wallets; you will all go out and buy this book; “Mountains are easy”. It’s an absolute bargain at £8.95 and chock full of his idiosyncratic wit and wisdom to lighten your darkest hour. He leaves behind a wife and daughter who will probably need a bit of extra financial support and if not; appreciate your decision to commemorate his legacy of laughter in a practical way.

Sorry Cass. I’m sure if there’s a heaven you’re up there royally taking the piss and laughing uproariously; perhaps at the resultant consternation in the Angelic ranks because you’re playing heavy metal riffs on your harp and deafening the cherubim. Who knows?

Anyway, God bless and keep you me old china.

Regards

Bill

2 Comments:

Blogger Liam said...

Hi Bill,

where did you find the news? I've been a reader of Cass's blog for a long time now, and have a signed copy of "Mountains are easy". (and before anyone asks.. no, it's not for sale!!). I know he hadn't updated for a while, but I just figured it was a bad patch, as in the past. Although I trust you, I'd like to be sure before passing on my condolences to his family.. via the blog.

Cheers

Liam

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 12:07:00 am  
Blogger Bill Sticker said...

Liam,

I got the sad news in a reply to a 'Happy Christmas' E-mail I sent to Cass. His wife replied with the sad news, or at least I received the e-mail, in the late afternoon on the 9th of January.

Regards

Bill

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 7:27:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]