Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Sunday, November 19, 2006

 

As seen on TV

Just got a few e-mails and comments about one of my blog entries from an occasion where I called an ambulance for a guy having a severe hypoglycaemic episode. Apparently a very similar story featured in an episode of BBC's Medi-Soap 'Casualty'. Since I do not watch the TV much, I can’t say for certain but the story is frighteningly familiar. From what my friends tell me, it looks like the blog entry was lifted wholesale and rewritten slightly by some BBC hack so that the poor bloody helpful Parking Warden got beaten up for his trouble.

Just as a recap, this was the blog entry in question. Since then I’ve been on the scene and helped out at more than three other medical emergencies (for what little help I could offer) and proud to do so. Just did my bit and walked on. Oh, and just for the record, I’ve been threatened but no one has to date got to the point of assaulting me.

Incidentally; on our patch we now have a well established procedure where drivers who are taken unwell get their vehicle registrations put up on the mess room board and over the air so that we don’t book them. (This happens at least once a week) In addition I can name three of my colleagues who have done almost exactly what I did for the victims of heart attacks and other sudden serious malaises.

I know it’s fame of a sort, but I’d like to be asked if they could use the material first. Not that the cheap bastards ever will.

My response? Rest assured that any vehicle with a BBC permit or logo on it will in future be assured of my closest personal attention. Park legally guys.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw that episode and thought of you! you do brighten up my day

Monday, November 20, 2006 9:29:00 am  
Blogger Al said...

At least the bloke in the episode got an apology for the smack.

Monday, November 20, 2006 7:18:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]