Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 

Weak end

Scene; The mess room, a rough walled concrete box, cream painted walls ‘decorated’ with lots of printed A4 E-mails threatening dire consequences to erring officers if they are not carried out. As if we care any more.

Dramatis Personae; Bill Sticker & one other Parking Enforcement Officer.

“Weekend? What’s one of those then? Bloody hell fire!” I looked at the shift rota with feelings of unaccustomed delight. I’m easily pleased.
“What’s up Bill?” One of the other lads asked.
“I’ve got a long weekend!” Yay!
“Yeah, so?”
“I’ve got a long weekend!” What doesn’t he get, or is this a wind-up?
“So what?”
“Four whole days without you cheerful lot and the miserable members of the public.” Yee-haw!
“Don’t sound so bloody cheerful about it.”
“Why not? I can spend a long weekend with my wife.”
“Is that all? You can spend it with mine if you like.”
“You’re not married.” Arse-head.
“Yeah, and?”
“Look you miserable old scrote, I’m just happy to get some quality time with my family when they aren’t at College, University or at work. I may even look for a new job.”
“Dream on Bill.”
“Balls to you too.” Here endeth the discussion.

The reason for my mild euphoria is simple; my next four ‘rest days’ are on a weekend which means Mrs S and I will be able to spend some serious quality time together, mend fences and generally chill in each others company. There may be very little blogging as well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Quartz said...

Go enjoy yourself. Indulge yourselves in pair-bonding.

My employer wants me to work weekends too. No bloody way.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 6:11:00 pm  
Blogger gonorr said...

Enjoy your leave Bill, have a good time with your family.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 7:43:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love working weekends!! I get paid more then!!

Sunday, November 05, 2006 5:59:00 pm  
Blogger Bill Sticker said...

Calabar Gal,

When you have a family like me, having regular working hours is a plus. Quality time with your nearest and dearest is incredibly important. Hence my mild euphoria.

Regards

Bill

Sunday, November 05, 2006 6:21:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]