Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Friday, September 01, 2006

 

Conflict management

Bill Stickers conflict resolution rule 1: If you don’t want to manage conflicts – don’t have one – a conflict that is.

Todays example; A pay and display car park. I find a car without a pay and display ticket, so I do my usual check of the inside etc and log in the details. Driver arrives just as I’m about to reach the point of no return (Ticket print).
Driver; “You’re not going to book me are you?”
Me; “You didn’t buy a pay and display ticket.” And you weren’t going to, were you. Cheeky sod.
Driver; “Bugger.” No thank you.
Me; “But if you go and buy one now, I’ll overlook it this time.” And this time only, matey.
Driver; “But I haven’t got any change.” Really? Then let us pray for divine intervention for you then.
Me; “But I’ll issue the ticket if you like.” Dear God, let him see sense.
Driver; “How much is it?”
Me; “Tariff’s on the board sir.” I’m feeling a little messianic and…
Driver (Putting hand in trouser pocket); “Hang on, I’ve got some coins.” Praise God! A miracle! A miracle!
Me; “Thank you sir.”
Driver; (Realising I may not give him a ticket) “You’re a gentleman.” Nice of you to notice.

Driver bought ticket for two hours and then left. Sometimes all you need is a little faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]