Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Saturday, November 12, 2005

 

Fuckwit of the Month

There are times I’m glad I’m not a copper, like when crap like this gets handed out by a bureaucratically obsessed management. Sorry, but when you’re out saving lives and facing down the bad guys, a bit more latitude should be given. If, as in this case, the person attempting self-harm / harm to others gets a little battered and bruised in the process, so what? Poor sod gets reprimanded for using a ‘non home office approved hold’ on a person attempting self harm. When without the officer in questions intervention there is a strong probability that the person thus restrained would have succeeded in terminating themselves.

There have been times in my own life when I’ve gone and almost done something extremely dumb, caught my lumps and been damned grateful to the person who put me (However roughly) back on the straight and narrow. Thanks Dad, Mum and a couple of other good friends (A couple of Coppers and several Teachers). Without them I probably wouldn’t be here.

Bearing this in mind, I would like to instigate the Bill Sticker “Fuckwit of the Month” award. This is a prestigious nomination for the most irrational, blinkered, bureaucratic response to a courageous act.

Any and all future nominations for this prestigious non-award should be forwarded to billsticker at gmail dot com.

Oh yes, have just received my brand spanking new ID card. See it here. Do you think the photographer got my good side?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]