Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Sunday, May 22, 2005

 

Managed by Vogons

I think one of my Senior Managers is a Vogon in disguise. Not a very good disguise at that.

For those of you who are not fans of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, please check this link. For everyone else who is au courant with the series, you will catch the reference.

Incidentally, I saw the H2G2 movie last night and was hardly enthused. Best bits for me were Marvin the Paranoid Android and Slartibardfast. Had a chuckle at the cameo of the TV Marvin. Would have preferred William Franklyn rather than the rather limp Stephen Fry as ‘The Book’ with more entries from ‘The Book’. Could have happily done without the Viltvodle six section, or John Malkovich. The Movie Ford Prefect lost a lot of the comedy by being too PC. Sam Rockwell tried a bit too hard for my liking as Zaphod Beeblebrox. Not blasé enough. As for the romance - hmm. Didn't work. Still, this is just my opinion.

Back to the gist of the matter. I am sure more than one of my senior managers is a Vogon in disguise because the description of ‘Not actually evil’ is bang on and ‘bureaucratic’ is completely accurate. If the right form isn’t filled in correctly then you do get fed to the ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Trall, or get your P45 filled in, whichever is more convenient at the time.

For these Managers, nothing matters but the statistics. People are mere irritations. As am I to this one particular manager because I have been spotted using my intelligence, rather than slavishly following ‘procedures’. "Tsk, tsk 515, this isn’t the way we do things here." Oh gods, ossified thinking and moving goalposts – I think I need a very, very large drink. Failing that, a new job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]