Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

 

Musings V1.2b

As it’s my day off, for a change I had a lie in. Found my eyes drawn to a copy of Max Ehrmans ‘Desiderata’ that Mrs Sticker has hung on the bedroom wall. I never really liked it as a piece of poetry, it doesn’t scan too well and comes across as rather wordy, turgid and slightly pretentious. Yes, I know it’s supposed to be a piece of inspirational verse but it reads like prose.

Must be the job getting to me, because when I read the phrase ‘You have a right to be here’ I always think of double yellows, Penalty Charge Notices and giggle slightly. I think I need to get out more.

Have made up my mind which way I’m voting anyway. There’s no Monster Raving Looney candidate (Read their ‘Manicfesto’ here)so it’ll have to be UKIP. I always thought it rather odd that the party started by David (Screaming Lord) Sutch as a joke sometimes has more plain common sense than all the others put together. Not that they’ll ever win a parliamentary seat but they come as welcome light relief to all the hand wringing, back patting, baby kissing (Does this make politicians paedophiles?) ‘professional’ politicians.

Wonder if I’ll get a chance to nick a campaigning politician this election. Make an interesting conversation in the mess room;
Traffic Warden 1 “Who’d you get then?”
Traffic Warden 2 “I got the Tory.”
Traffic Warden 3 “I nailed the Lib Dem.”
Traffic Warden 4 “I booked John Prescott.”
Traffic Warden 1 “Oh, so that’s where you got the black eye from.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]