Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Monday, January 31, 2005

 

Passing the Starbuck

Today my self imposed boycott on companies who are reputed to have fired or intimidated bloggers began to bite properly. Let me explain; in our household we have taken to using the word 'Starbuck' as a verb and adverb as well as a noun.

'To Starbuck' meant to pass time amiably with coffee and good company.
'I Starbuck' First person present tense
'You Starbuck' Second person.
'He Starbucks' Third person.
'She Starbucks', 'We Starbuck', 'They Starbuck' catch my drift?

In answer to the question 'Where are you and what are you doing?" The answer, on my day off has often been "I'm Starbucking." Unfortunately now that my favourite coffee bar has appeared on the boycott list, I have to 'pass the Starbuck' and use another more european, coffee bar. Hi ho. Life's a bitch but caffeine is always caffeine.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I salute you for this. I have also started boycotting companies where they fire or intimidate bloggers. How about we get a campaign going to propet bloggers from intimidation?

Monday, January 31, 2005 8:18:00 pm  
Blogger Peach said...

loool
happy starbucking or whatever u end up calling it pal ;)

Monday, January 31, 2005 8:47:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. My own definition is;

To Starbuck; To create a market where none existed before & exploit it by promoting high prices for fad products.

To be Starbucked; To fall for it all.

Similar; To McDonald.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005 8:21:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]