Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Monday, May 14, 2007

 

Not rocket science

It is a common cliché that something is ‘not rocket science’ to wit, not very complicated at all. What I currently do for a living is not exactly the most complex job in the world and the rules I enforce are hardly enough to give the weakest neuron a bad day at the office.

Yet day on day I am forced to stare in wonder at the inane level to which the public sinks when crossing my path. The highway code is quite explicit and simple. Let’s face it, with some of the bozo’s I come across it has to be. Their heads are so tightly wedged up between their pert little buttocks that it beggars belief.

For example; today I was asked a specifically framed question by a member of the motoring public to which I gave a specific and very simple answer. This was obviously not what the driver wanted to hear, so he asked me the very self same question again. Once more I answered accurately and precisely, wasting not an extraneous syllable. The driver appeared not to understand and asked the same question yet again and complained that I had given him a ‘complicated’ answer. In exasperation I gave him precise chapter and verse, carefully explaining each step to the very brief and simple concept. Yet again, my words appeared not to sink in. Obviously this driver wanted me to tell him what he wanted to hear. I demurred by trying my damndest, and in the politest way possible, to explain why I had given him the answer I had. This was not good enough for him and he complained mightily.

Fortunately for my overheated wits my radio crackled with a call demanding my more urgent attention and this gave me the excuse to break off and do some proper work instead. I really hate it when someone is so determined to fly in the face of the evidence that they will try and bully you into being untruthful. As matters stand the person concerned is quite welcome to do what he wants, but to be aware that he will get a ticket if he takes the piss. Especially on my watch.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate those sort of people, just because No isn't the answer they wanted to hear it doesn't make it an incorrect response.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 1:05:00 pm  
Blogger Graeme said...

Hi Bill, your name isn't short for Willamina is it ;-) http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007220204,00.html

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 12:43:00 pm  
Blogger Bill Sticker said...

Graeme,

Nah, that wasn't me. The roof would be dented and the door panels would be all busted in if it was. Looks like a PA went postal when the abuse finally got too much for her.

Good use for a hand held computer though.

Regards

Bill

Thursday, May 17, 2007 5:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]