Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

 

Skiving

Word has come down from on high that we’re skiving. To wit; swinging the lead, goldbricking, bunking off, and playing hookey. To further expand; apparently we’re avoiding the work we are paid to do – all of us.

Well bugger me with a large dirty parsnip; I never knew I could avoid work because I’m so heavily scrutinised at the moment I can’t even fart without having to record the fact with times dates and locations. I have to log on to each street and record the fact with a test ticket from each pay and display machine I check. The same for car parks. The ‘test ticket’ has to be kept in a special place to be retrieved so I can prove where I was. Everything I do has to be proven. I’m actually quite gobsmacked that they don’t ask for a urine and faecal sample to prove I actually had a toilet break.

My managers are so fucking paranoid that I will stop and smell the roses that my movements are recorded and scrutinised daily. If I take too long on a street or car park they want to know why and what I was doing. If I didn’t book a vehicle they want to know why. If this is common to all parking enforcers, no wonder we’ve got the reputation of being a lot of lemon sucking misanthropes. You’d be miserable too.

Our management really know how to motivate people, don’t they?

The only thing that cheers me up is the fact that most people I talk to are legal decent, honest and truthful. Just a little careless sometimes.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes management, it sounds like you have a case of the higher up 'justifying' their jobs by making other peoples existence miserable. I've always noticed that those that yell loudest are usually the ones with nothing to do.

Thursday, March 01, 2007 1:51:00 pm  
Blogger Aginoth said...

You'll have seen my blog about going on Strike over pay yestersay Bill...we know all about motivation in the Civil Service, and now the Public service has just been given a pay cut....

Thursday, March 01, 2007 5:13:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]