Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

 

Plot is the lost

When I read stuff like Professor Hill’s report saying that there should be some form of restriction on where you can live if you earn more money than most, it makes me think that the lunatics are running the asylum and it’s time to butt out and admit defeat. Forgive me for being thick but I thought the whole point of making a pile of cash from hard work was to get out of the slums and live in a nicer area, not to keep swimming in the same old cesspool.

First we’ve got that prick Hain telling City High-flyers to give up their hard earned to spoon feed the non working population, now this load of garbage. It’s just naked grasping jealousy cloaked by a dubious mirror-morality.

Now if I see a man with a brand new Bentley, my thoughts are first; nice motor, is he on a restriction? This thought is quickly followed by; I wish I could earn enough to have one. At no point do my thoughts run; Woss ‘e got that for then? Shouldn’t be allowed. That sort of thinking is for congenital losers in my book. You make the money; you deserve the rewards. Why shouldn’t you?

Mind you, it won’t stop me booking the vehicle in question. I’ve handed out enough tickets to people who park blocking disabled bays and bus stops and then flat out ignore me for the seven minutes it takes to log their details, take photographs, do the full proper observation time and write up my notebook; then whine like a wonky transmission and say “It’s all a rip off” when I hand them the PCN. Excuse me pal, this ain’t a tax note, this is for parking where you shouldn’t.

The thought occurs that money may buy you nice things, but Mister Overpaid Footballer’s Hummer gets exactly the same treatment as Mister Dole Warrior’s Rambling Wreck. You’ve got to be fair and impartial haven’t you?

On a lighter note; here’s a couple of links about Car Park insanity (From Malcolm in the Middle I think) and a Vlog entry about a Parking scam and how to beat it in over in Montreal, Quebec.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all in favour of narrowing the wealth gap, but this smacks of the politics of envy.

Friday, February 23, 2007 12:47:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make the money is fine but what about stole, inherited, married into, won in the lottery or any of a range of other methods. Earned income is reasonable but unearned can be undeserved and character poisoning.

Monday, February 26, 2007 10:22:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]