Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

 

Exit Strategy

Life, as I often observe to myself, is a funny old thing; we get born, we live, bring up the next generation and eventually die. Hopeless as this might sound it is still a statement loaded with near infinite possibilities.

If I hadn’t gone broke and had to take this job; this blog would never have been born and surprise of surprises, found a readership. A surprisingly diverse and startlingly intelligent readership. Not all of you of course, but many more than I could ever have hoped for.

There have been a couple of rather uncalled for comments (I think, but then there would, wouldn’t there?) that have suggested I’m too thick to be doing anything else than slap parking tickets on cars. My response? We can all be unlucky in our careers and said commenters should really be thinking ‘there but for the grace of God go I’. Considering some of the humungous cock ups I’ve seen done by some very supposedly ‘clever’ people; well let’s ignore the crap spelling and grammar in high level documentation and just point out things like large project overruns and applications which never properly worked until myself and people like me went in and fixed them. Those in glass houses who get paid megabucks more than I ever did should be a little more reluctant to cast the odd half brick. You know who you are.

Notwithstanding, there is light at the end of my particular tunnel, and it isn’t some bugger with a torch bringing me a whole shedload of more parking related aggravation. It is my fond hope soon to be winging my way to pastures new with a song in my heart and a your, fuck, job, lousy, springing light elemental from my wearied lips.

I feel better already.

For those of you thinking that this will be the end of my occasionally entertaining online writing, fear not. I speak not of this blog, but the blog which is to follow, one whose content I am not worthy to outline, but which it is my destiny to contribute to (HG2TG ham a bit too thickly sliced there Mr Sticker). Seriously though, there will be a follow on blog which will be quite different from ‘Walking the Streets’, and the occasional update may find its way here as well, especially as I promise to finish writing the book of this blog sometime in the next six months.

Honestly guv.

9 Comments:

Blogger Rhea said...

In my humble opinion, you can never have too much HG2TG.

‘there but for the grace of God go I’ ... indeed.
Best wishes in the persuit of your new pasture.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 7:01:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got my fingers crossed for ya, Bill.
--RLR :-)

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 7:23:00 pm  
Blogger Aginoth said...

looking forward to the pastures new blog

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 9:02:00 pm  
Blogger AF said...

Great news Bill. I don't really know you but from your writings I can tell you were never meant to be a parking warden and are certainly capable of better things.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 9:47:00 pm  
Blogger caramaena said...

Something new huh? So when do we get to find out?

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 6:50:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed your Blog and will look forward to the new one.
If your exit strategy is successful then it can only be from your own well deserved endevours!!
Best wishes Xam

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 8:08:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done and all the best Bill.
I really hope it all works out well for you and Mrs Sticker.


Gonorr(sans blog at the mo)

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 7:42:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The very best of luck to you Bill.

I have recently had my period of financial woe and have taken (with sincere gratitude) a job I might have sneered at in years past. But I feel it is still a step up from my period of unemployment.

I will be sad about the end of the traffic musings but glad for things working out for you.

Thursday, March 01, 2007 12:38:00 am  
Blogger MuppetLord said...

what? I stop reading for a bit and all change...

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 7:15:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]