Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Thursday, December 21, 2006

 

Twas the mayhem before Christmas

That’s it! I’m done, knackered, blown out and fit to drop. The heaving masses of Christmas shoppers will be increased by one tomorrow because I’m going to be one of the last minute maniacs. I know what I want, it’s on order, and all I have to do is scrum down and push!

It’s been very busy and I’ve tried to keep on top of the job but deceased equine flagellation has seemed to be the order of the day, so in the end I just gave up and took the easy bookings. Boy, those jungle drums were working well today! Every corner I turned the illegal parkers were already running for the kerbside.

I suppose it’s gratifying in a way that we’ve got a reputation for being harsh, as the Uniform is almost guaranteed to clear double yellows. The only people we seem to get trouble with are some of the hard core locals and a few out of towners who can’t be arsed to read the signs. Despite that, my toll of sinners hit double figures just after lunch and tailed off after five. Tell you the truth my writing hand was in need of a rest.

Managed to keep things rolling (Just about) and the ambulances and Police cars with their ‘blues and twos’ on full volume seemed to sail through without much delay. At least the ones I heard did.

Anyway, I’m ready for bed. It’s been a long day and tomorrow might seem even longer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from the damp, grey North!

Wishing you & yours a Peaceful Christmas, and best wishes for the New Year.

Saturday, December 23, 2006 1:14:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]