Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Thursday, December 14, 2006

 

Mistaken identity

I have a problem. Some might think it is not a problem but there you go. Certain people who appear to be short sighted take a half glance at my imposing (Well Mrs S thinks so and I’m not going to contradict her because I want to live – she can be a very forceful woman) figure and say “Good morning Officer.” Then; “Go on dear, say hello to the nice Policeman.” To their goggling tots.
My response has been; “No Madam / Sir / Miss, it’s the nasty Traffic Warden.” Which no one has seemed to mind. I wonder if someones dumped Prozac in the local water supply because I’ve rarely come across so many happy smiley faces. Even a builder walked past with a “Fair play to you mate.” Whilst I was booking an illegally parked car.

This has happened half a dozen times today out on one of the outer town beats where my path takes me past several rather posh boutiques. What on earth is going on? No matter, I’m sure when it all wears off I’ll be public enemy number one again and everything will be back to normal.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The spirit of Christmas?

Thursday, December 14, 2006 11:14:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to think it's because they realise that just one pratt parking in a bus stop can screw up traffic for miles, especially when the roads are extra-busy (like now)...

Friday, December 15, 2006 11:44:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clearly, they are mixing "Christmas spirits" with their Prozac ..... :-)

Monday, December 18, 2006 8:39:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]