Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Thursday, June 08, 2006

 

End of the world

I meant to post this last night, but couldn’t log on to blogger for some reason.

My Dad, in one of his more scathing moments, once told me I’d be late for my own funeral. At the time, feeling a little flippant, I replied. “I hope so.” I got a smack round the ears for my pains.

Thus it is with huge relief that I have escaped the end of the world that was supposed to have gone ‘foom!’ yesterday on the 6th Day of the 6th Month 2006. Personally I think it’s all a load of bollocks, and seeing as we all appear to all be here on the 7th June 2006, I feel that the people who mooted this asinine notion have pretty much been proved wrong.

Where, I ask, does all this half baked insanity come from? Can anyone rationally explain please? There was all the frenzy over the millennium (Not to mention the Millennium computer bug scare which failed to materialise – mainly because a lot of Engineers burned the midnight oil and sorted systems out well in advance). The Jehovah’s Witnesses were once notorious for getting the worlds final sell by date wrong and have since, I am given to understand, given up such prognostications.

Out on the Streets, where I earn my living the birds sing despite the traffic noise, the insects buzz and scuttle; small rodents scavenge and multiply. In spite of everything man does, the world continues. All else is a big human ego trip. Even if all the bombs in all the world wiped all species out of the biosphere, something, somewhere would survive. A bacterium; an amino acid fragment and life would spring anew.

Isn’t this a cracking planet to live on? Why do people feel they have to worry and make up stories about it ending so soon? Isn’t there a beer in the fridge – why so there is! Doncha just lurve modern miracles. Hallelujah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]