Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Friday, September 29, 2006

 

More light blogging

Maison Sticker is beset with the most awful plague known to man or beast. Like a swarm of locusts they have descended and devastated the contents of the fridge and anything else remotely edible (Even Pot Noodles!) then disappeared like the desert wind. Now they return like a dark cloud on my horizon.

Eldest is paying us a flying visit from University with several friends and it is Youngests birthday. She has all of her college class round, and I have been forbidden to murder any of them, no matter how cross I get with the screeching bacchanal. Therefore I am electing to hide under my desk wearing my largest headphones and rapidly depleting the contents of a very large bottle of wine. The dog has just joined me and has put his paws over his ears. Mrs Sticker has just looked round the door and if my lip reading serves me well, she has just called us a “right pair of wussies”.

It’s hell out there I tell you.

UPDATE:
Just got this from the comments in Tom Reynolds Blog. "Preparing for Emergencies." Guffaw.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good Luck!! Hope U r still alive & well after the weekend isover & the sprog flee the nest once again!!
A necessary evil they are!! Bet U'll miss them all over again when they're gone!! LOL!!!

Saturday, September 30, 2006 12:41:00 am  
Blogger Quartz said...

Just be patient: grandchildren will even the score soon enough.

Saturday, September 30, 2006 11:22:00 am  
Blogger caramaena said...

Heh, I think I like Mrs Sticker's style :)

Saturday, September 30, 2006 4:05:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I've read your blog for a few months, Very informative.
With reference to the "Preparing for Emergencies" site, have you clicked on "Further Information" then "person behind this web site" and you'll get Tom Scotts web site.
Have a look at "Breakfast: Fortified with iron" and his other cooking videos. Very,very funny.It's what the internet was made for (maybe)

Sunday, October 01, 2006 8:39:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]