Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

Just trying to be helpful

I give up! I really do. One of the duties we have to perform is passing along information about any vehicles we see with out of date tax, illegal tyres or being driven in a dangerous manner. The ‘procedure’ is to phone up CCTV and pass along the details, whereupon they are supposed to inform the Police.

I’m not going to do it any more. Yesterday I caught a bollocking for following ‘procedure’ that went like this;
“Afternoon CCTV, this is 515.”
“Oh it’s you, whaddyou want?” What?
“Got two vehicles, no Vehicle Excise Licence…”
“Not interested.” Bang! Line goes dead. What the hell?

This is just the latest in a long line of CCTV insults that have just about annihilated my faith in them as ‘safety’ cover. I don’t know what’s going on up in the ‘control’ room, but it doesn’t exactly inspire me with confidence.

I mean what is the bloody point of me calling in stuff like out of date tax discs etc when I know damn well nothing will happen. No wonder there are so many rambling wrecks on the bloody roads. No one does anything when you take the time and trouble to report such matters in. Perhaps this is one of those "Oh it's a bloody jobsworth Parking Enforcer trying to be a copper." responses. I don't know, and frankly I don't care any more. That's the last time I'm going out of my way to be of assistance. Bloody CCTV.

This is what you get for trying to be helpful. It can’t just be me can it?

5 Comments:

Blogger Quartz said...

Sounds like dereliction of duty there!

Thursday, September 21, 2006 9:33:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you could mention this kind of problem at your next 'performance review' or whatever they call it. That would up your indicators!

Friday, September 22, 2006 1:02:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I work in a council CCTV room - and we share the same facilities as the parking enforcement people - god help it if one of our opps had that attitude with a PA, the PA would stroll back in for lunch, and smack the CCTV operator - they have the same lunch room !.

It works both ways, when CCTV has lost a suspect or vehicle, they put it out over the PA's radio net, and usually it comes up trumps. The PA's on our area know most of the shoplifters / druggies / dealers, and tell us at CCTV. Nothing beats having 40 pairs of extra eyes

Friday, September 22, 2006 7:09:00 pm  
Blogger Bill Sticker said...

Trouble is, most of our lot have had experiences like this. Complaints have been made by the foot patrols, which only seems to make things worse.

The result is that most of our guys are now extremely reluctant to help out when CCTV put a call over the air. We make a call to CCTV, ninety percent of the time we don't get an acknowledgement - unless CCTV want something that is. Sad really that they don't think we're important enough to work with.

Regards

Bill

Regards

Bill

Friday, September 22, 2006 7:35:00 pm  
Blogger The Ayatollah Of RocknRolla said...

Sorry to hear about that lack of co-operation. Sounds to me a lot like a ill mannered culture, and indeed a poor system of monitoring. I have met a lot of similar arseholes giving out such reactions in my work. Quite frankly if I did that I would be out the door before I could say 'customer service'. Sad to say but such attitudes are all too common in the public sector nowadays, what happened to good old fashioned good manners and polite respect for colleagues!?
Rant over!

Friday, September 22, 2006 8:12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]