Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Friday, September 29, 2006

 

A little more about Speed Cameras

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; most speed cameras are in the wrong place. They should be in towns and near schools and hospitals where the higher densities of traffic mean an increased risk.

The 32% of incidents caused by inattentiveness? A fifth to drink driving? 5% to excessive speed? I hate to sound smug but I tole ‘em, I tole ‘em! Hands up the cistern and damn your torpedo rolls!

Most drivers I ticket just aren’t paying attention. Their focus is all over the damn place and it amazes me how they can get out of bed in the morning without suffering serious self inflicted injuries. A lot of these people have better jobs / driver nicer cars / have bigger houses than so many of us – which raises the question; How come? Not being the cleverest of mortals; I’ve always wondered how said people breeze through life leaving chaos in their wake. Maybe it’s a talent. I don’t know. I’ll choose to look on the bright side. It keeps me in a job.

One thought; if the revenue from Speed Cameras goes towards the Constabulary. How come we don’t see so many foot patrols?

4 Comments:

Blogger Brand new bobby said...

Unfortunately, most are either:

a) Tied up under mountains of paperwork in an office

or..

b) Too darn lazy to walk around for a day!

Friday, September 29, 2006 5:37:00 pm  
Blogger AF said...

Really agree with you on all points in this post! Good to hear.

I've always wondered, with your views on government and traffic laws how you ended up being a parking attendant?

It may be something you've shared in a previous archived post but I've never looked back that far.

Saturday, September 30, 2006 12:38:00 am  
Blogger Bill Sticker said...

Alex,

Financial desperation. Does that answer your question?

Regards

Bill

Saturday, September 30, 2006 5:10:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to say it but..

1. speed cameras are the bane of any motorist's life regardless of whether or not you ever speed. they are annoying. BUT they do make you go at the speed limit.. thats what they are their for folks. The money isnt just for the police it gets divided up.

2. you dont see foot patrol's because all they are good for is public re-assurance, they do bugger all, thats what PCSO's are for.. police on foot can't respond to emergency calls unless they are within a 1 block radius of wherever they are standing. all they can do it potter around giving out the odd ticket to the cheeky cars in the city that are parked on yellows.. and thats what you guys do!!

P.S. I do actually enjoy going out on foot, I know if I'm tasked with foot patrol for a day it's always going to be an easy day!!

Saturday, September 30, 2006 12:19:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]