Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Monday, September 18, 2006

 

Link strings

One of the things I like to do, and a source of never ending interest to me is my webstats. Where are they from? Who are they? How have they arrived here? Who is it that actually reads my scurrilous and scatalogically corrupted drivel? Are they as warped as I am?

A steady trickle, at least ten or fifteen a day, come from the Google search string ‘how to get off a parking ticket’ or similar. Four or five come here looking for a sample letter to help get a parking ticket cancelled. The good news for you guys is that I shall be posting an article here some time this week, or maybe next, for your erudition and delectation called ‘How not to write a parking appeal letter’.

Now hold on a minute! Surely I’m one of the enemy – the soulless ticket hunter, mindless Street Robot, persecutor of the innocent motorist – why should I help you? What is my agenda? What’s your game Mister Sticker?

My ‘agenda’ if that’s what it is, is simple. I’m addicted to fair play. I sleep at night because I try to do what I do even handedly and without prejudice. If my employers were to rate my greatest assets, they would tell you they are my thoroughness, attention to detail and sheer dogged persistence. Oh yes, as my regular readers will attest, I despise some of the practices that certain of my colleagues use to keep their averages up to scratch. Having been cheated too often in another life I now detest cheats of all kinds. On both sides of the fence.

Hot off the press! Hold the front page! Important Announcement!
If there are any of you out there who would like to help support this blog financially you can now get genuine ‘Walking the Streets’ Memorabilia and Merchandise. Just click on the Cafepress advert under the sidebar heading “Official Merchandise!” to see what goodies you can buy to support more episodes of ‘Walking the Streets’.

I’ve tried to do my best with the various logos and make them fun and entertaining. You never know, if I see you wearing my designs on street I may even be moved to crack a smile. Just don’t give me grief about the prices. I’m only making $1 to $3 an item.

Any problems, let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

$11.99 for six greeting cards, $12.00 for a small mug and $12.99 for a mousepad!
Bill, are you sure you have nothing to do with the charges for parking offences?

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 8:50:00 am  
Blogger Bill Sticker said...

Eric,

What did I say; Don't give me grief about the prices because I'm making only one to three dollars per item, which in UK money at the present exchange rate works out at £0.53 to £1.59.

So $11.99 works out around £6.37. If you want cheap, go to a charity shop. If you want exclusively designed 'Walking the Streets' merchandise go via Cafepress.

Try getting designer stuff for that price anywhere.

Regards

Bill

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 7:07:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]