Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Thursday, July 26, 2007

 

Weather

Have gotten absolutely soaking wet on my various errands today. Tying up the loose ends of your life does take a lot of time and energy. Just when you think you’ve signed that final bit of paper; bingo! Up pops another one. All this and unremitting rain.

It’s just like the summers of my childhood, downpour following downpour with precious few sunny days in between. Here’s how reflective it is; the fine drizzle this morning made me think of early mornings at certain Welsh beaches. The downpour around lunchtime acted as a recherché du temps perdu of Chalet Holidays when all there was to do was play Newmarket (Michagan in the US) for Matchsticks or get my Dad to hide us in the amusement arcade where I could shoot at electronic targets to my ferocious little hearts content.

I’m having a bit of a problem getting out of the mental habits I developed on patrol work. I look at a car, the first thing I’m looking for is the distinctive shape of a pay and display ticket. This is awful, I’m no longer a Parking Enforcer and I can’t get the wretched job out of my head! Argh! I need some therapy and quick!

Oh what the hell. It could be worse. I could still be in the job (Or in the new Tewkesbury Archipelago). Then again, this flooding is hardly a new phenomenon.

As for Internet access, thank goodness for the free library PC’s.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as a policeoffiser what to you tink about gossip?

a swedish lady named sofia, velcome and visit me

http://sofiawinterborn.wordpress.com/2007/07/27/sofiamy-name-is-gossip-i-have-no-respect-for-justice/

Friday, July 27, 2007 1:29:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]