Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

 

There will now be a short commercial break

This is because the TV has gone (No great loss) and my Internet account lapses tomorrow on the 26th (Dis-aster!). Mrs S, the dog and I are going travelling for a while, maybe the rest of our lives. Then again, perhaps not.

I shall still write and post, possibly much more than previously, but things will be a bit sporadic for the next two weeks.

My beat oppo’s Colin and Asif turned up on my doorstep this evening and presented me with a going away card, a bottle of Whiskey and an invitation to have yet another last drink with them. How could I refuse? So I didn’t. I can refuse everything but temptation.

We spent the best part of an hour swapping our version of ‘war stories’ over a couple of pints in my local hostelry. Especially the one where Colin had caught two girls lapping it up so to speak, on the top deck of one of our multi-storey car parks. Never caught any boys like that; yet, anyway. It’s only a matter of time before they do.

I recounted the tale about finding the ‘passion wagon’ of white van man at the bottom of a car park, which gave us all a chuckle as he’s rather one of our ‘regulars’. Makes you wonder what part of the anatomy does the heavy thinking doesn’t it?

Anyway; God bless ‘em both. They’re a couple of good ‘uns. There may even be scope for another last beer with the lads before I move on. Wife willing that is.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mad Dog said...

Bill: Several things. First of all I hope you have avoided the floods (my brother in Tewkesbury was washed out). Second, I'm sorry that you are leaving parking enforcement and I'll miss your stories. I hope you weren't "outed". Please keep blogging if you can. Enjoy your travels/holiday and come back soon...

Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:47:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]