Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Monday, July 23, 2007

 

Last beer with the lads

The floodwaters are receding, I’ve handed my kit in. My life on the streets is over. I’m going back to being my own man again; a little bit tougher, with an even more jaundiced view of humanity, but still the same grumpy old bear as before.

Met Merys of “I am not a drain on society” for coffee on Sunday spending a good hour chewing the fat, venting a little spleen, and generally setting the world to rights. Our conversation kept on getting interrupted by calls from her mother. Merys, you are right, your Mum does have issues that only she can resolve. Anyway, Merys told me that I should keep blogging, and so I shall. God knows about what, perhaps whatever scrolls my particular knurd on the day. The blog is my sanity reinforcement device and helps me put things in perspective, so a brain dump it will remain.

As to the subject line; leaving any job is always a happy / sad occasion and I was feeling a bit strange about it all weekend. Colin and Asif arranged to meet me at my local and invited one of the others who had just left, 666. 666 had found the job too stressful, and after a year on the streets finally called it a day. Not that I blame her, without the blog to keep me sane, I’d have folded in six months.

The guys were pretty good to me and wouldn’t let me put my hand in my pocket to pay for a round of drinks. Bless ‘em. We spent a couple of hours setting the world to rights and ended on handshakes and hugs (Why not?) I wiped away a manly tear. I shall miss them greatly, but not the job.

Today I spend my first day as a free man watching the rain fall and inspecting my copy of my book which just arrived in the post and looks better than I anticipated. It reads well too. I’ll be using Lulu again.

Anyway, lots to do as we’re moving out of this little town for pastures new and I’ll end with a joke;

I say I say! What do you do about visiting NuLabour politicians investigating the floodwaters?

I don’t know, what do you do about visiting NuLabour politicians investigating the floodwaters?

Keep your foot on the back of their head until the bubbles stop breaking!

I thank you.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck in whatever you choose to do. Will still keep checking your blog for news.

Monday, July 23, 2007 12:46:00 pm  
Blogger St. Valery said...

Well done for sticking it our so long Bill - I'm damn certain I won't last that long - specially following the latest bloody assault.
Keep on blogging tho - your irreverance is refreshing

Monday, July 23, 2007 8:05:00 pm  
Blogger Plymothian said...

Purely selfishly "how can you abandon the job that spawned this blog?!".

But really, good luck with whatever you do and hopefully you'll continue 'Outside the lines' in a similar vein.

Monday, July 23, 2007 10:43:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is in many ways a sad day Bill, but I see quite clearly why you're jacking it in...even without the foot trouble I don't know how you stuck it so long...but thank you for entertaining us all with your observations for so long, and the best of good luck to both you and your family with everything you do... god bless

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 2:02:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

many thanks and good luck on finding the right job

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 11:19:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the blog, many posts have made my day (or at least confirmed all my suspicions about people). Not least, I'm always polite to traffic wardens now, cos, y'know, it might possibly be... :)

All the best for the future - although whatever will you do about the book sequel?!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 11:30:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best with your new job Bill. Do you know what it is yet?

I've really enjoyed your blog and I'm very pleased to hear that you're going to keep it going. Thank you.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 6:26:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]