Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Saturday, July 07, 2007

 

Live Earth

End of shift conversation on Friday afternoon between me and my two beat oppo’s; happy because we’ve got a weekend off.
“First weekend off in months, Bill. You looking forward to it?” Colin asked me.
“Yeah. Last one before I take my holiday.”
“So what you doing this weekend?” Asif was putting his kit back in his locker with his trademark melon slice grin.
“The usual, might take a day trip to the south west if the weather forecast’s good. What about you?” I shrugged.
“I’m watching that Live Earth concert.” Asif sounded happy about it.
“Oh, right.”
“You don’t sound impressed.” Colin remarked.
“I’m not.”
“Going to watch it on TV?” He asked.
“Nah.” I tried to be noncommittal.
“Why’s that?”
“I’m switching the TV off to save electricity.” Asif and Colin laughed. They’re used to my acerbic brand of dry humour.
“No, seriously; you going to watch it?”
“Told you; no.”
“Why not?”
“Because it’s all bollocks, that’s why.”
“What, the concert?”
“No, all this give everything up to save the planet malarkey.”
“Oh yeah, we know that.” Asif shrugged into his street jacket.
“You might just as well rearrange deckchairs on the Titanic.”
“Big con, that’s all it is.” Colin remarked. “Come on, time to go home. We’re not being paid for our time any more.”

We clocked out and went home.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Shades said...

No-one even mentioned it at work...

Saturday, July 07, 2007 8:36:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]