Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Monday, May 22, 2006

 

Wet, wet, wet.

Not much to write about today, just a dull showery Monday. Eldest goes for test tomorrow, so lots of driving practice at every possible opportunity. This means less time for writing and blogging. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

One thing which has raised a corner of my mouth in a rictus which might be construed in the right (Or wrong) light, are the talking heads saying how we should fix poverty, save the aged, right the wrongs, be happier, lah-di-dah, blah, blah and thrice blah. Why does anyone believe this nonsense? Only people can make life better. If anything, this is the lesson of the Blair years. Top down solutions only work if you’ve got a population of clones (And possibly not even then). Neighbours working together in common interest make things better. Not bloody politicians.

Why do I bother? Why don’t I shut my keyboard and let the rest of the world go to hell in a handbasket? There’s an answer to that. I think it’s because despite all my bitching about the crass stupidity of everyday survival I see glimpses of sanity out there. Not much, but enough to give me hope. Hope that there are people who are catching on, talking to each other; working things out in a rational manner. Of course I may be horribly deluded; but then old Bill never was the sharpest tool in the box.

Driving practice, oh yes, I knew there was something I should be doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]