Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Saturday, October 08, 2005

 

Rainy day duties

Today has been very dull, as are all rainy days. You get a choice of either staying out of the way out on patrol (My preference) or going back to base and doing the ‘menials’ around base, which essentially means car park duties; checking that storm drains are clear, tidying stock room, sitting in the mess room waiting for the rain to ease.

My own fault I suppose, I wasn’t quick enough to get out of the door before supervisor collars me and says (Meaning to be kind); “You’re not thinking of going out there are you Bill? Stay in, it’s much too wet to patrol.” Drat and double drat! Curses, me cunning plan thwarted! I had planned to stand in a convenient archway, watching the rain and working on the book in my head. Today I got roped into doing a count of all the odds and ends in the various stock rooms around the car parks. Filling out a spreadsheet and pushing other bits of paper that Kerry, our line manager, has neglected to do because she finds it too bloody boring.

Glad to see the back of the place today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]