Get a copy of "In stitches - the highs and lows of an A&E Doctor"

PC EE Bloggs - Diary of an on-call girl

Saturday, November 10, 2007

 

Just a poppy

Bought my poppy to show rememberance and respect for those who have served their country. You will note I chose the red option as always (Used my new phones camera, you can tell, can't you?). As always I shall observe the two minutes silence.

Someone (Can't remember who, they were just being an arsehole) once insisted upon telling me with a wagged finger under my nose no less (a high risk strategy on his part), that the red poppy 'glorifies war' and is therefore a bad thing. I choose to disagree. To me it is a symbol that we remember all that our parents did during wartime so that we can have the life we have. It's about the guys who get hurt on duty and need help. It's not about glorifying anything. Wearing a red poppy on rememberance day is just to say thanks.

2 Comments:

Blogger cheekyfaces said...

Absolutely, red every time, nice blog.

Sunday, November 11, 2007 8:12:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I posted on Cockpit Conversations...

We went to the Remembrance Day celebration at our local church yesterday. My two younger children are in the Guides and Scouts so they were there in uniform, as was my wife. I was suited and wearing the poppy. I always find it difficult when the names are read out of those who never came back from 14-18 and 39-45. We are small village in the Cotswolds, and so many families lost some many sons and fathers. This year we had names from the Falklands and the Gulf (Part 1), again so many names...

Richard

Monday, November 12, 2007 9:42:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ireland

Exasperated expatriate expostulations from Ireland.

Subscribe to Walking the Streets

Feedburner

E-mail address : billsticker at gmail dot com

pcpin.gif


The Real Politically Incorrect Net Ring

This net ring exposes political correctness for the fraud that it is and advocates universal values of individual freedom, free speech, and equal rights for all.

homerq.gif

[Prev Site] [Stats] [Random] [Next 5 Sites] [List Sites] [Next Site]